Most car accident victim’s overwhelming sense of worry doesn’t stop after the wheels of their wrecked car and the sirens of emergency response vehicles have all died down.
But having an experienced car accident attorney like Ryan from the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis can help you overcome these difficult times with the compassion and clarity you deserve.
If you find yourself a victim of such a horrible situation, the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis can help you get back on your feet by getting you the money that you’re owed.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident has occurred, you’ve got to consult your car insurance company. Said companies use different methods to value a personal injury claim. These claims generally include reimbursement for medical bills and lost income. Not only that, there’s usually some amount of compensation for emotional and mental trauma known as pain and suffering.
However, the auto insurance claims adjusters that are processing your claim may try to undercut the full value of it by employing the use of bad faith insurance practices, and often, you won’t want to speak with these individuals unless your lawyer is present.
That is why, for your peace of mind, hiring an experienced car accident lawyer to determine the value of your claim is always your best decision to make after a car crash. We have the means to calculate any of the costs you have incurred due to the accident.
However, to get the full value of the claim, you need someone like Ryan. Contact us at (956) 686-9600 to schedule your FREE legal consultation today.
How Do Car Accident Lawyers Determine The Value Of My Claim?
The overall value of a case is determined by several factors:
- The Types of Injuries You Sustained in the Crash.
- The Medical Bills Resulting From the Crash.
- Your Employment Status
- If You Lost Work Opportunities and Wages.
While the majority of car accidents within the U.S. are minor, the typical value of these cases usually hover between $5,000 to $15,000 based on damage to your vehicle and any property you own inside of it. These types of accidents don’t include calculations for medical treatment, wage loss, or long term medical consultations needed.
On the other hand, say your wreck was a really bad one. What are the main factors involved that determine the overall value of your case?
- Severity of Injuries: Naturally, the severity of your car accident injuries is the X factor here. A lost limb or spinal damage is financially worse than a soft tissue injury. These cases haul in tens of thousands more than minor bruises or a broken arm.
- Medical Expenses: If an incident leads to complicated surgery, medical costs can soar. Naturally, these surgeries will take victims months to recuperate. All those factors are added into the total amount you can claim for any and all medical-related expenses caused by your negligent car accident.
- Lost Wages and Loss of Earning Capacity: Not only can a car accident cause you to miss work–leaving you without the funds needed to treat the injuries you sustained–it can also limit you from doing certain tasks required of your job or even getting a promotion.
- Recovery Time: If you’re immobile for a decent amount of time, reasonable compensation for that time will be needed.
Pain and suffering, on the other hand, is a little more difficult to calculate. Generally speaking, this amount usually takes into account
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages/Earning Capacity
- A Pain and Suffering Multiplier
A pain and suffering multiplier ranging between 1.5 to 5–which also includes emotional trauma and inconvenience–to the totals, and from there an estimate can be presented.
To illustrate this, consider if your accident cost you $3,000 in medical expenses and you missed 4 days of work–totaling $400 in lost wages.
$3,000 + $400 x 3 = $10,200
The total estimate of the value of your claim is equal to $10,200.
Ryan is a Car Accident Attorney in McAllen that has the Experience You Need for Your Case
Should you find yourself a victim of a car accident caused by another negligent driver, remember that you can get results from your McAllen car accident lawyer.
With our extensive legal experience and years of devotion in getting the money car accident victims need to properly heal, trust that Ryan of the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis can help.