Unfortunately, Texas is in the top 10 states for DUI-related car accident injuries and fatalities. Every year, hundreds of individuals lose their lives to drunk driving accidents and thousands more suffer injuries.
When irresponsible drivers decide to hit the road after engaging in heavy drinking, they put the lives of others – and themselves – in serious danger. A drunk driving accident can change your life forever in just a single moment.
In order to reduce the number of injuries and fatalities caused by drunk driving accidents in the Rio Grande Valley, we all have a duty to follow the rules of the road and be vigilant of our surroundings. Drunk driving accidents are largely preventable, and because of this, negligent drivers need to be held accountable for their actions.
Whether we choose to drink and drive or only drive sober, we are ALL responsible for our own actions. If you are going to enjoy a few drinks, please make sure to drink responsibly and have a plan in place to get home safely.
Consider taking the following steps if you are going to be drinking:
- Plan for a designated driver who will NOT be drinking.
- If necessary, use a cab or ride-share service such as Lyft or Uber.
- Never let a friend or family member drive drunk.
- If you are holding a celebration or any other type of event at home:
- Consider getting a designated driver who can get guests home safely.
- Make sure to serve non-alcoholic beverages and plenty of water.
- Plan to have guests stay the night.
Please also be safe and extra cautious if you’re driving at night, especially on the weekends, to avoid the possibility of becoming a victim of an intoxicated driver. Whether you live in Mission, McAllen, Brownsville, Raymondville, the Rio Grande Valley, or anywhere else in South Texas, we hope everyone gets home safe.
If you or a loved is the victim of a drunk driving incident, please contact The Law Office of Ryan C. Solis at (956) 686-9600.