Here at the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis, PLLC, we know that the pain and stress caused by a car accident can be difficult to cope with. Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be challenging, and the process to secure justice and compensation can be complex. But, there are certain steps you should follow to give yourself the best chance of having a valid claim, including:
- Seek medical attention immediately. An ambulance may arrive at the scene to assist those badly hurt in the wreck. If your injuries are minor, consider seeing the doctor immediately after the accident. Visiting the doctor can determine the probability of delayed injury. Be sure to keep records of documentation and follow any treatment plan as prescribed.
- Gather evidence at the scene. If you are not injured and can safely do so, begin collecting evidence at the scene of the accident, including the other driver’s insurance information, the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved, pictures of the scene of the accident, and the identification information of any police officer(s) investigating the accident so that you can later secure the accident report.
- Gather witness information: If any witnesses were present at the scene of the accident, ask them for their name and contact information. Eye witness testimonies provide an unbiased account of the accident that may be useful as evidence to support your claim.
- Refrain from making a statement. Insurance adjusters may try to pull a statement from you so they can twist your words and use them against you. Know that early offers may be attempts to trick you into accepting a lower settlement value than you deserve. Speak with an attorney to know your claim’s worth and to protect yourself against an adjuster’s manipulative tactics.
- Seek legal representation. The sooner you call the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis, PLLC, the easier your accident recovery will be. Our team has the necessary knowledge and resources to help victims recover maximum compensation from the negligent party who caused them harm.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a car accident, Ryan can help. Contact the Law Office of Ryan C. Solis, PLLC, at (956) 686-9600 for your free legal consultation today.